Property Damage Information
Tips for Filing
- Get a second opinion if you believe you’re being treated unfairly by your insurance company.
- Keep track of any receipts for repairs you need to make before your insurance adjuster arrives.
- Talk with your insurance adjuster about how long it might take to settle your claim.
- Take video footage of the property so that you can have additional documentation.
- Get quotes for repairs before your adjuster visits; this way, you can know if the settlement estimate they provide will cover repairs.
- Make a thorough list of all of your belongings—such as furniture, artwork, and other valuables—and detail what damage they’ve sustained, their appraised value, and when you obtained them.
Speak to a Qualified Insurance Agent
We can help you find a policy that suits your needs. If you’d like to learn more, then consider filling out the contact form to get in touch.